1 reply to this topic

#1 NataliasBorscht

NataliasBorscht

Fourth Line

• PF Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

It looks rumors of the potential sale of the Phoenix Coyotes has heated up just a smidge over the past few days. Prospective buyer Greg Jamison is looking to close on a deal in the near future now that he has the cash and partners to do it. If that happens, Shane Doan will most likely stay in Phoenix. Why else would he not have signed a contract with another team by now. Keep an eye out for this deal. If Jamison gets the team, Doan will follow.

Another possible fit would be Bobby Ryan if Doan falls through. We all know that Philly wants him, but the rumor is that they need defensive help first. If Bobby Ryan would be happy to play with Sid and not jump ship once his contract is up, the Pens should package a deal for him while they can.

There is about a month left before the current CBA expires. After Sept. 15th, the NHL has warned the players of a possible lockout. As of this moment, the two sides are far apart, but each side has only given their initial proposals. Lets hope that counter-proposals happen quickly and a new CBA can be agreed upon. If this drags out like the last one, it could be a long winter.

#2 Shady

Shady

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

The longer it goes on the more I think Doan will stay a Coyote. Although I read a report earlier that said the Sabres had offered him a rumored 4 year 30 million dollar contract.

I think Ryan would probably be a good fit however like you mentioned, if he is going to just jump ship I would rather see the Pens pass then. My own opinion is I would rather see the Pens sign guys who want to be here instead of "rental" players.

I havent had much time to keep up on the CBA talks but the idea of a lockout on Sep. 15th makes me cringe. Hockey makes the cold wintery months far less dreary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users