• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shady

Shady

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Here's a handful of Pittsburgh Penguins Avatars I had on my computer. They are already re-sized for the site. In Safari, Firefox and Chrome you can just right click the image you want to use and choose "Copy Image Address" or it may say "Copy Image Location", something to that affect. I only have access to an older version of IE on this machine and didn't see an equivalent but I would imagine it would have something similar as well in newer versions.

After you've copied the address just click on your name in the bar along the top and choose "My Profile". On the left side of the screen you will see where a default avatar is being displayed. When you mouse over it a link that says change will appear. Click that and a new box will open. In that window will be an option to "Import photo from URL". Paste the URL you copied into the box and click the import button. Click "Done" and you're all set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am looking to see if I can write a mod that will hook the Avatar template and let you just select from there. In the meantime this will hopefully be a suitable workaround.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users